GuardSquare is proud to announce that DexGuard 7.3 is now available for download. The latest release of our security solution for Android applications contains updates that ensure a better protection of your Android applications.
New features in DexGuard:
- Additional encryption plugins: DexGuard now comes with additional standard encryption plugins. These plugins are randomly selected and deployed during the encryption of your applications to introduce a large degree of variability in the obfuscated code.
- Class encryption plugins: DexGuard already supported plugins for encrypting strings, resource files, asset files and native libraries. This lineup has now been completed with plugins for encrypting classes.
As of this release, the functionality of DexGuard can be extended with following optional add-ons:
- DexGuard NDK: GuardSquare's version of the Android NDK (Native Development Kit) allows you to harden native libraries at the instruction level. It provides string encryption and arithmetic obfuscation.
- Whitebox cryptography SDK: The whitebox cryptography SDK gives you the ability to encrypt and decrypt data in transit with a whitebox implementation of the AES algorithm. This is useful in those cases where an AES key needs to be hardcoded into the application. The SDK transforms the AES key and weaves it into the code in such a way that it can't be extracted.
This add-on also includes whitebox cryptography plugins allowing DexGuard to encrypt static application data (classes, resources files and native libraries) with whitebox implementations.
- Device fingerprinting: Thanks to the device fingerprinting SDK, you will be able to use the identity of the used device as a parameter for the assessment of the risk of sensitive transactions.
- Secure keyboard: This SDK contains a keyboard implementation that is hardened against keylogging and other forms of snooping.
Read more on the DexGuard page.